Queen Camilla heckled over Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrest
The queen carried on her duties as normal
Queen Camilla stepped out on Thursday following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest.
The former prince was arrested on Thursday morning after police arrived on the Sandringham Estate, where he is currently residing.
Andrew, 66, is currently being held in police custody after being arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Andrew was previously accused of sharing confidential and sensitive documents with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during his time as Britain’s trade envoy.
He has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. This arrest should not be seen as any indication of guilt and there are no charges yet.
The news broke on Thursday morning, with the BBC halting its live coverage of the Winter Olympics to cover the unprecedented reports.

Queen Camilla heckled following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrest
On Thursday, despite Andrew’s arrest, members of the royal family continued with their engagements.
Queen Camilla stepped out to meet musicians and watch a lunchtime concert at Sinfonia Smith Square Hall in London.
However, she couldn’t escape the ongoing royal controversy.
As she walked to her car after the event, one heckler asked: “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your Majesty?”
Queen Camilla waved to crowds, but didn’t respond to the question.
Elsewhere, during a separate engagement on Thursday, the king was heckled over Andrew’s arrest. He was asked for his reaction to the arrest.

BBC pauses coverage amid Andrew arrest
It comes after the BBC halted their coverage of the Winter Olympics as news of Andrew’s arrest broke.
“We’re going to pause our coverage from the Olympic Winter Games on this thirteenth day, and we’ll be back with you in just a few moments’ time,” presenter Hazel Irvine told audiences.
“But for the time being, we’re heading back to London for some breaking news. We will see you again very soon.”
News of Andrew’s arrest has dominated headlines.
On Thursday morning, Thames Valley Police confirmed in a statement that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk” had been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk,” the force said.
“The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance.”
Police did not name Andrew. However, the arrest reportedly took place at a property on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, where the royal is currently residing. Today also marks Andrew’s 66th birthday.
King Charles speaks out
Meanwhile, King Charles has spoken out in a statement.
He said: “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”

What has Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor been accused of?
On Thursday, Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The specific details of the allegations of misconduct being investigated are unknown.
However, scrutiny has been mounting over Andrew’s association with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein following the recent release of millions of files relating to the disgraced financier last month.
Following the release of files, Andrew was accused of sharing sensitive and confidential documents with Epstein during his time as a UK trade envoy, a role he held from 2001 to 2011.
Anti-monarchy group Republic reported Andrew to police over the allegations. They claimed that emails released by the US Department of Justice from within the Epstein files suggested confidential documents had been forwarded by Andrew to Epstein in 2010.
Trade envoys are bound by duties of confidentiality, even after leaving office.
Andrew and Epstein scandal
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein.
He stepped back from public duties in 2019 following scrutiny over his association with Epstein.
In 2021, the late Virginia Giuffre filed a civil lawsuit in the United States. She alleged that she had been trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with the former prince when she was 17.
Andrew has always vehemently denied the claims. The case was settled out of court in 2022 for an undisclosed sum. Andrew insisted that the agreement was not an admission of guilt.
Following mounting criticism, he was stripped of his royal titles and honours last October and later vacated Royal Lodge in Windsor.
He is now understood to be living at Wood Farm Cottage on the king’s Sandringham Estate.
What do you think of this story? Then let us know by leaving a comment on our Facebook page @RoyalInsider. We want to hear your thoughts.