Every brutal move King Charles has made to cut Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from royal fold
The scrutiny has been mounting for years against AndrewKing Charles has massively distanced himself from his brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, as he’s embroiled in scandal.
For years, Andrew, 66, has faced scrutiny over his association with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The former prince has also faced allegations of sexual assault, which he has always vehemently denied.
Most recently, on February 19, 2026, Andrew was arrested by police on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The specific details of the allegations of misconduct being investigated are unknown.
But King Charles has spoken out and insisted the royal family will support police in its investigation. But what else has the king done to ensure his brother is out of the royal fold? Let’s take a look.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s Epstein scandal
For some years, Andrew has faced intense scrutiny over his links to disgraced financier Epstein.
In his BBC Newsnight interview in 2019, Andrew claimed he cut contact with Epstein in late 2010 following Epstein’s 2008 conviction for soliciting prostitution from a minor.
However, emails that emerged last year appeared to show Andrew allegedly in contact with Epstein in early 2011.
Andrew has also faced allegations of sexual assault. The late Virginia Giuffre alleged she was made to have sex with Andrew on three separate occasions when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
Andrew has always vehemently denied the allegations against him. The royal reached an out-of-court financial settlement with Ms Giuffre in 2022, which contained no admission of liability.
Latest batch of Jeffrey Epstein files intensifies scrutiny
Then, in January 2026, scrutiny against Andrew intensified following the release of more than three million files relating to Epstein and his crimes.
Within these files, images appeared to show Andrew kneeling on all fours over an unidentified woman lying on the ground. However, the files didn’t supply context to the images.
Being named or pictured among the Epstein files is not an indication of wrongdoing.
This week, scandal surrounding Andrew erupted when he was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Following the recent release of the Epstein files, Andrew was accused of sharing sensitive and confidential information with Epstein about his official work as a UK trade envoy.
He served as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011. In 2010, Andrew allegedly forwarded official reports from trade visits to Epstein, according to the files.
Under official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. This arrest should not be seen as any indication of guilt and there are no charges yet.

King Charles strips Andrew of royal titles
Andrew has mostly been out of the royal spotlight since late 2019, when he stepped back from duties following the fallout from his Newsnight interview.
However, he still attended private family events.
Last October, following the release of his accuser Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir, scrutiny once again intensified against Andrew.
Andrew spoke out as the allegations and his association with Epstein dominated headlines. He said he would no longer use his Duke of York title and vehemently denied the accusations again.
Days later, King Charles took things a step further. A statement from Buckingham Palace said: “His Majesty has today initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours of Prince Andrew.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.”
The statement also said: “Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”

Andrew told to leave Royal Lodge
Within that palace statement, it was also confirmed that Andrew would leave his Windsor property Royal Lodge.
He had lived there for more than two decades, after being granted a lease in 2003.
The decision was made as scrutiny was mounting over Andrew living in the 30-room property whilst facing serious allegations.
The statement said: “His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence.
“Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.”
Andrew left Royal Lodge in February 2026. He now resides on the king’s Sandringham Estate.

Charles ‘cut Andrew’s funding’
Back in late 2024, reports claimed that King Charles had cut Andrew off financially.
Royal author Robert Hardman claimed that the king had decided to stop paying for security for Andrew’s Royal Lodge home and stopped providing a personal allowance. Both were said to total several million pounds a year.
However, this wasn’t confirmed by Buckingham Palace.
Charles supports police investigation
More recently, amid mounting pressure and scrutiny over Andrew’s alleged misconduct, King Charles made his stance clear in a statement.
Upon Andrew’s arrest this week, Charles shared a personal message.
It read: “I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
“As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Do you think King Charles has done enough? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page.
