Heartbreaking claim made over Princess Beatrice and Eugenie's 'reaction' to father Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday
Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are said to be “in a state” following the arrest of their father, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
Andrew was arrested on Thursday morning (February 19) on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Plain-clothed officers arrived on the Sandringham Estate, where Andrew is currently residing following his Royal Lodge exit.
He spent approximately 11 hours in police custody before being released under investigation later that evening.
In a statement, Thames Valley Police confirmed: “We have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.”
The specific details of the allegations of misconduct being investigated are unknown.

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie’s ‘reactions’ to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrest
So far, neither the princesses nor their mother, Sarah Ferguson, have commented publicly.
However, a source told The Telegraph that the situation has left the family reeling.
“This is catastrophic for her and the girls,” the insider said, referring to Ferguson. “She seems to be doing her best to put a brave face on it.”
Another source claimed the sisters were “in a state” following the developments.
Ferguson is believed to be out of the country, having reportedly spent time in the French Alps before travelling on to the United Arab Emirates. She has not been seen publicly since September 2025.
Andrew’s arrest marks the first time in modern history that a senior royal has been detained by police.
No details have been confirmed on the allegations against Andrew.
However, it comes after he was accused of sharing sensitive and confidential information with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein in 2010, while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.
The allegations came after the US Department of Justice’s release of millions of files relating to Epstein and his crimes last month.
The files reportedly include emails suggesting Andrew forwarded official trade reports and investment information to Epstein in 2010.
At the time, Andrew as Britain’s trade envoy, a role he held from 2001 to 2011.
Trade envoys are bound by duties of confidentiality over sensitive commercial and political information.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein.
This arrest should not be seen as any indication of guilt and there are no charges yet.

King Charles releases statement
In a statement after Andrew’s arrest, King Charles said he had learned of the arrest “with the deepest concern”.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” the king continued.
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course. As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
It is understood that neither the king nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to support the king’s statement.
The whereabouts of Beatrice and Eugenie have not been publicly confirmed.
Royal Insider has contacted reps for Beatrice, Eugenie and Buckingham Palace for comment.
In October 2025, King Charles removed his younger brother’s royal titles and honours as scrutiny intensified over Andrew’s alleged links to Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew has also faced sexual assault allegations from the late Virginia Giuffre. Ms Giuffre claimed that she was trafficked by Epstein and forced to have sex with the royal on three occasions when she was 17.
Andrew has consistently and vehemently denied the allegations.
Unlike their father, Beatrice and Eugenie have retained their royal titles.
Read more: King Charles issues statement as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested
What do you think of this story? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page.