Prince William and Princess Kate stun at BAFTAs following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrest
The couple attended the film awards on Sunday eveningPrince William and Princess Kate arrived for the BAFTAs on Sunday evening days after the shock arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
William’s uncle, Andrew, was arrested on his birthday (February 19) on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The specific details of the allegations of misconduct being investigated are unknown.
On Thursday evening, hours after his arrest, he was released under investigation.
On Sunday evening, the Prince and Princess of Wales stepped out for a joint appearance at the BAFTAs. But their appearance comes after reports of concerns over the ceremony following Andrew’s arrest.

Prince William and Princess Kate stun at BAFTAs
The star-studded film awards took place at London’s Royal Festival Hall on Sunday, February 22.
The Princess of Wales, 44, looked stunning in a soft blush gown which she previously wore at the 100 Women in Finance’s gala dinner in 2019.
She had her hair styled in bouncy curls.

Meanwhile, the Prince of Wales, 43, looked dapper in a burgundy tuxedo jacket, white shirt, bow tie and black trousers.
The couple hit the red carpet as they prepared for the awards do, attended by Hollywood stars including Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Hudson and Timothee Chalamet.

‘Concerns’ over Andrew jokes at BAFTAs
Earlier on Sunday, reports claimed that BAFTA bosses were worried about potential jokes about William’s uncle Andrew at the awards ceremony.
Alan Cumming is hosting the ceremony. Alan previously voiced a character in the American animated series, The Prince, which focused on William and Kate’s son Prince George imagining him making life hard for his family and the British monarchy.
However, some people accused the series of mocking the young prince.
Meanwhile, in 2023, Alan gave back his OBE, saying his eyes were now “opened” over “the toxicity of empire”.
Any mention of Andrew’s arrest would take away from the awards.
Ahead of tonight’s BAFTAs, a source claimed that bosses were feeling some concern following Andrew’s recent arrest.
A source told The Sun: “Alan clearly has opinions on the monarchy. Bafta bosses want to keep the attention on the films and the winners.
“Any mention of Andrew’s arrest would take away from the awards. There’s concern about any attempt at humour over what’s happened to Andrew. It would be even more awkward if William and Kate were sitting in the audience.”
Royal Insider has contacted BAFTA for comment.

Why was Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested?
On February 19, 2026, Andrew was arrested by police on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The specific details of the allegations of misconduct being investigated are unknown.
He was released hours later under investigation.
Scrutiny has been mounting over Andrew’s association with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein following the recent release of millions of files relating to the disgraced financier last month.
Following the release of files, Andrew was accused of sharing sensitive and confidential information with Epstein about his official work as a UK trade envoy.
He served as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011. In 2010, Andrew allegedly forwarded official reports from trade visits to Epstein, according to the files.
Read more: Every brutal move King Charles has made to cut Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from royal fold
Under official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. This arrest should not be seen as any indication of guilt and there are no charges yet.
King Charles’ statement
Following Andrew’s arrest, his brother King Charles issued a statement. Within the statement, he said: “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
According to reports, the Prince and Princess of Wales supported Charles’ statement.
Will you watch the BAFTAs? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page.
