Meghan Markle's 'unexpected reply' to King Charles following his heartwarming wedding gesture
The king stepped in to support Meghan on her big dayMeghan Markle shared a special moment with her father-in-law King Charles on her wedding day.
Meghan married Prince Harry on May 19, 2018, in a lavish ceremony at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
In a touching moment, Harry’s father, then Prince Charles, stepped in to walk Meghan halfway down the aisle. Her own father, Thomas Markle, was unable to attend the ceremony due to heart surgery at the time.
In Thomas’ absence, Charles offered to walk Meghan down the aisle. However, according to a royal author, Meghan had one request.

Meghan Markle’s ‘response’ to King Charles offering to walk her down the aisle on wedding day
In his book Queen of Our Times, royal biographer Robert Hardman spoke about the moment Charles offered to walk Meghan down the aisle.
Detailing Meghan’s reported response, Hardman said: “The reply, according to one friend, was not quite what he was expecting: ‘Can we meet halfway?’
“Here was an indicator that this was no blushing bride, but a confident, independent woman determined to make a grand entrance on her own.”
Royal Insider has contacted representatives for Meghan for comment.
Don't miss a single story! Add us as a Preferred Source in Google for all your royal news

King Charles’ sweet words about walking Meghan down the aisle
Prince Harry previously opened up about his father’s decision to walk Meghan down the aisle.
Speaking in a documentary to mark Charles’ 70th birthday in November 2018, Harry said of his dad: “I asked him to and I think he knew it was coming and he immediately said, ‘Yes, of course, I’ll do whatever Meghan needs, and I’m here to support you.’
“For him that’s a fantastic opportunity to step up and be that support, and you know he’s our father so of course he’s going to be there for us. I was very grateful for him to be able to do that.”
The reply, according to one friend, was not quite what he was expecting: ‘Can we meet halfway?’
Since their wedding day, things have drastically changed for Meghan and Harry. Less than two years after the nuptials, the couple announced their decision to step back from royal duties.
They quit their senior working royal roles and moved to the US. Since then, they have worked on a series of projects to become financially independent.
In addition to this, their relationship with the royal family has become strained.

Since quitting royal duties, Harry and Meghan did a string of tell-all interviews. Harry also released a tell-all memoir, Spare.
Within these projects, they made a series of damning allegations about the royals.
Read more: Change Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made to their wedding vows just like Princess Diana did
Since then, their relationship with Harry’s family has become strained. However, this summer, Harry is hoping to spend time at Balmoral with the royal family with Meghan and their two children Archie, seven, and Lilibet, four.
What do you think? Let us know by leaving a comment on our Royal Insider Facebook page.
