Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on his birthday as police arrive at his home amid Epstein allegations
This probably wasn't the visit the disgraced former prince was expecting
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on his birthday as police have issued a statement.
Police were spotted at his new temporary abode, Wood Farm, on the Sandringham Estate earlier today (February 19).
Now, the former Duke of York has been taken into custody.
Today, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor likely had plans to mark his 66th birthday. But as a string of officers have reportedly turned up at his current home, just after 8am this morning, he now has other plans.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on his birthday
On Thursday, Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
As per reports, six unmarked police cars and around eight plain clothed officers were seen arriving at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate just after 8am.
One was said to be carrying a police-issue laptop.
The BBC shared that they have now seen a statement from Thames Valley police, explaining the current situation.
They published this statement: “As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. The man remains in police custody at this time.
“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”
Why has Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor been arrested?
Currently, it is believed that police are investigating Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor due to his appearance in the Epstein files.
The latest tranche, released last month, has brought up questions around his relationship with the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew is facing allegations that he shared sensitive and confidential information with Epstein during his time as a UK trade envoy.
He served as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011. In 2010, Andrew allegedly forwarded government reports from visits to Vietnam, Singapore and China to Epstein, according to the files.
The files also appear to show the former prince forwarded the disgraced financier information on investment opportunities in gold and uranium in Afghanistan.
Under official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.
It’s been confirmed that police are searching addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s representative has been contacted for comment. RI has also contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. This arrest should not be seen as any indication of guilt and there are no charges yet.

On January 30, more than three million files relating to Epstein and his crimes were released by the US Department of Justice.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in the Epstein files
In the files, images appeared to show Andrew kneeling on all fours over an unidentified female lying on the ground.
No context has been supplied for the images. It’s also unclear when and where they were taken. Andrew’s team are yet to comment.
Whilst being named or pictured in the Epstein files doesn’t indicate any wrongdoing, Andrew’s appearance has sparked renewed scrutiny.
Just days after the files were released to the public, Andrew vacated his home of over two decades, Royal Lodge.
He is now temporarily living at Wood Farm. The former prince is said to be awaiting the conclusion of renovations at his new home, Marsh Farm, also on the Sandringham Estate.
For several years, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s links to Epstein have been scrutinised.
Allegations against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor
Last October, Andrew lost his royal titles and honours.
He was also told to leave his Royal Lodge home.
At the time, his ties to Epstein was making headlines while his accuser Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir detailed her alleged encounters with the royal.
Ms Giuffre alleged she was made to have sex with Andrew on three separate occasions when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
Andrew has always denied Ms Giuffre’s allegations.
Virginia Giuffre’s family speak out
Following Andrew’s arrest earlier today, Virgina Giuffre’s family have spoken out.
Tragically, Virginia took her own life in April 2025, aged 41.
Her family’s statement reads: “At last, today our broken hearts have been lifted with the news that no one is above the law – not even royalty.

“On behalf of our sister, we extend our gratitude to the UK’s Thames Valley Police in their investigation and arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
“He was never a prince. For survivors everywhere, Virginia did this for you.”
This is a breaking news story. Updates will follow.
Read more: Prince William’s ‘two-word expletive’ when Harry first told him about Meghan Markle romance
What do you think of this story? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page.